All our public deliverables and data will be made available on the QUEST Research Data Repository, available at rs.unive.it.
Work packages and deliverables
1 – Investigating science community today: understanding contemporary practices in public communication
Objectives: To understand the state of the art in the theory and practice of science communication in contemporary Europe .
2 – Measuring and assessing science communication quality
Objectives: Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring and assessing quality of science communication in general and in journalism, social media and museums, and guidelines to support better science communication.
3 – Developing and experimenting with science communication innovations
Objectives: The objective of this work package is to develop new and extend existing digital technologies to understand science communication with social media, and to support journalists to communicate science accurately and effectively.
4 – Building capacities and incentives for science communication
Objectives: This work package aims at building capacities and identifying incentives for science communication for different key actors, from scientists, to journalists, to public information officers.
5 – Communication, dissemination and stakeholder engagement
- To develop a dissemination and communication plan for the project and streamline the project’s communication activities;
- To maximise the project’s impact ensuring the visibility of the project activities to the relevant communities;
- To increase the communication of science results in quality and quantity through dissemination of project’s findings;
- To engage directly with stakeholders, including citizens, in order to harvest relevant knowledge to be fed back into the research work; to test the QUEST prototype; and to understand how results from research and scientific methodologies are perceived by citizens.
- To contribute in improving the quality and effectiveness of interactions between scientists, general media and the public through targeted stakeholder engagement and validation events;
- To build and strengthen the science communication community.
6 – Management
Objectives: The QUEST management work package will provide a clear organizational framework and:
- ensure the project reaches its objectives;
- ensure that the project progresses in conformity with the work plan in terms of milestones, deliverables, and planned resources and make any necessary contractual amendments;
- carry out partner’s payments;
- schedule and organize the project’s internal communication and consortia meetings to ensure good internal WP coordination;
- applying the procedures needed to ensure quality and conformity to EC reporting and the Consortium agreement:
- Provide scientific and administrative coordination (i.e., grant issues, financial issues, legal issues, reporting).
7 – Ethics requirements
Objectives: The objective is to ensure compliance with the ‘ethics requirements’ set out in this work package.